Sunday 12 May 2013

Svord peasant knife

A friend kindly gave me a Svord Peasant knife blade and the pivot screws from the knife too. I'd wanted to try this knife out as the design appealed but I wanted to make my own version as the plastic handle did not appeal so much.

Hears my attempt

My design

Scales cut and all put together. I'm using maple for this and was able to book match this.

Rough sanding to a shape I like. Starting to take shape.

Smoothed out. Not perfect but for a first attempt I like it.

I stained this knife as I felt the light colour did not go with the blade. It's a nice little knife. Just needs a sheath now

So here it is started. Was a work in progress so no design, just winging it

And the finished item. It was a good little project and one I would recommend others to try.

Thanks for reading :)







No comments:

Post a Comment